[Gimp-user] Cant modify text on layer in XCF file using V2.8.16

Start the Text tool again and click on the layer (I assume this is still
a text layer ("A" preview in the Layers dialogs))

Thank you for responding!

I selected the text tool, hid all the layers except the one I want to edit.

Clicking on the layer in the Layers Dialog did nothing, and when I click on the
actual layer I get the 4 square marker to insert new text.

I want to select the existing text and change it.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean when referring to - "A" (text?) preview in
Layers dialog.

I attached a screenshot of what I'm looking at.

Not tech shy.  I have 20+ years working with computers.  Just haven't seen GIMP
before last week and the learning curve seems pretty steep.

With thanks,
Dennis

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/248/original/GimpScreen.png