[Gimp-user] Gimp Font List or remove unwanted fonts

Try this:  Go to Edit > Preferences > Folders > Fonts, and see if
the system wide fonts directory is listed.  If so, remove it,
restart the GIMP and see if you have /any/ fonts available.  If not,
you can put copies of the fonts you want to use in the GIMP in its
own font directory, and that should do the deed.

It should be possible to reorder the font listing in the GIMP by
renaming the font files, i.e. add 01, 02, etc. to groups you want to
see listed first, second, etc.

:o)

Thanks so much! This looks like awesome advice. On my Mac, preferences is
actually under the GIMP menu, but then yes: Folders > Fonts.

The two "culprit" folders with the fonts I do not want to see are not listed
(namely /System/Library/Fonts/ and /Library/Fonts/), but two GIMP folders are. I
will experiment with putting fonts into the GIMP folders and see if that will
override the default looking into /System/Library/Fonts/ which is the source of
unwanted (the folder I cannot change anything in). Also, I cannot rename
anything in /System/Library/Fonts but can certainly do so in /Library/Fonts/ and
in the two GIMP folders. So I will give that a whirl as well.

Thanks again!

--
Snowyn (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)