[Gimp-user] Gimp Font List or remove unwanted fonts

The reason you cannot remove the "system fonts" is that they are part
of "core services." under current OS X versions these can only be
altered by the administrative user account with authentication from
Apple via an Apple ID, but it (supposedly) can be done.

Another approach is to not install the foreign font families at the
time of OS installation, if you want to do a clean install.

Ross

Thank you!

Hmmmm. I do have an Apple ID and an admin user account (though perhaps not THE
admin user account, if there is such a thing as only one). Also, a couple of
other folks' replies on this thread have suggested better ways I can deal with
the GIMP font-list issue in itself. GIMP is pretty much the only program where
scrolling past a zillion system fonts is a serious problem. Adobe Open Office
also has some of them, but only as families. Three PingFang fonts in a list is
not all that big a deal. Eighteen of them is.

--
Snowyn (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)