----Original Message----
From: ofnuts gmx com
Date: 20/03/2016 22:47
To: <gimp-user-list gnome org>
Subj: Re: [Gimp-user] python-fu

On 20/03/16 18:59, ugajin talktalk net wrote:
I am having issues creating Python-fu scripts that seem to be editor
related. I have a number of editors, but only one works with python-
fu!

To illustrate; I am unable to use the Atom to author/create python-
fu
scripts. It isn't an issue with the script. E.g. I create a new
python
document using Atom (in the correct working directory), paste some
content into the file that I know to be good, and re-save it.
However,
when I fire up GIMP the file/script is not found. I do the same
thing,
using TextWrangler, create the file, save it (in the same working
directory as before), paste the content (also as before), and again
re-
save it, and it works! GIMP finds the file, and will execute the
same.

The thing is, it isn't just Atom. I experience the same problem
using
Sublime Text, CotEditor, and TextEdit (I am on OS X).

Can anyone suggest what is going on here?

Just a guess... On OSX (and Linux) Python-fu scripts need to have the
executable flag set to ba taken in account by Gimp. Some editors
could
be setting it automatically when you edit a recognized script file
type,
when others wouldn't.