Re: [Gimp-user] VIPS

Hi Billn,

On  14.3.2016 at 4:53 AM Billn wrote:
I think Gimp developers need to switch to VIPS and quit trying to reinvent an
old paint program. I am proud of all the work on Gimp.

We discussed this a few times before at the GIMP developer mailing list,
even with the VIPS maintainer himself. The point is that VIPS is not
designed for interactive applications but for batch image processing.

We also don't reinvent an old program, we're still maintaining and
evolving it ;-)

But I guess you don't propose this out of the blue. Could you please be more precise about the needs why you propose this?

Greetings

Sven