Re: [Gimp-user] Adding Hotspots

On Mon, 2016-06-20 at 06:56 +0200, DavidWW wrote:
I want to add hotspots to my drawing where I can hover the mouse over
an item
and while it is there some additional information will pop up nearby.
I'm going to assume you mean you want this to happen in a Web browser
rather than in GIMP.

One way is to use SVG for your image (you can include a bitmap); you
can then either have text that appears only on a hover in a specific
region (with :hover) or you can use "tooltips", although those can't
easily contain complex formatting. To use SVG, when you're done with
the bitmap image, load it into Inkscape.

Without knowing more about what you're doing it's hard to go further
with suggestions.

Best,

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam holoweb net>
World Wide Web Consortium - the organization responsible for the Web