[Gimp-user] Adding Hotspots

I want to add hotspots to my drawing where I can hover the mouse over an item
and while it is there some additional information will pop up nearby.  I have
found information about creating image maps with Gimp but it has all been about
creating hyperlinks that jump to a website when one clicks on part of the
picture.  There has been nothing about how to just get information to pop up on
the screen when a mapped portion of the picture is clicked.

Is there any way to info (text box) to display on the image when I hold or click
the mouse on a relevant portion of the picture??

--
DavidWW (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)