Re: [Gimp-user] ubuntu PPA additional - New Gimp 2.9.5 packages have arrived

Am 15.07.2016 um 17:42 schrieb rich:
Sam Ashley <samashley <at> mailnew.com> writes:

Sorry this time I forgot to add that I'd like to use a version of gimp
that features more than 8 bits/color, hence my questions about PPA or
compiling.

And forgot to say that I'm using ubuntu studio 16.04 64 bit.

Thanks again, and for the wonderful gimp.

This is the page and details of the packages.
https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/ubuntu/gimp-edge

Instructions are on the page but I advise uninstalling your existing Gimp 2.8
packages first.

then

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:otto-kesselgulasch/gimp-edge
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gimp

Note: Unlike Gimp 2.8 the Gimp profile is  ~/.config/GIMP/2.9

I run this in a kubuntu 16.04 64 bit - no real problems
New Gimp 2.9.5 packages have arrived..

Happy gimping.