Re: [Gimp-user] Positioning an image.

On 12/07/16 16:46, MikeS wrote:
Shouldn't be a problem... Hmmm.
I've used "File-Open As layer" before. That how I wound up with the
new layer/image in the center of my work area. Moving it IS the
problem. I don't know how. IN the attached example, I need to enlarge
the image and move it to the right.
I'm trying to understand how to do that.

Found it !!!
Would not have expected it to be buried so deep in a menu structure (I'd have
expected "Move"  to be and option under "Edit", but Now that I've found it, it
works great.

The Scale and the Move tools are in the Tools palette and not hard to find?