Re: [Gimp-user] Black and White photos

Hi,

On  29.1.2016 at 8:52 AM Oulefty wrote:
Black and White Yearbook pictures that people have signed their name across
their face. Wondering if there is a way to remove whatever they wrote on the
picture? have tried using various tools such as the healing tool but; writing
across the face especially over the eyes prove to be problematic. Does anyone
know a method that works to remove the writing and leave the face intact?

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/234/original/Face.jpg

I would try the Clone brush first, then the Healing brush.
Another option is
1. select the writing, feather the selection's edges,
2. desaturate with the Hue-Saturation-Tool or the Colorize-Tool,
3. brighten/darken (or dodge/burn) to match the surrounding areas.
Also the Resynthesizer plug-in is a choice, tho I think as the
background is homogeneous, the former tools with some practice are
sufficient.

Greetings

Sven