[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.9.2 and Nef files

It has been true since I began using Gimp that if I tried to open a
NEF file, UFRaw would be launched first.  For the life of me, I cannot
remember how I indicated to Gimp that I wanted to use UFRaw since that
has been so long ago.  Now I do not know how to invoke UFRaw for a NEF
file within Gimp.  If I depend on Gimp to open the NEF, every time I
want to open a NEF file, I have to reset the File Type from
Automatically Detected to NEF.  That is a real pain.  By the way, I am
using Ubuntu 14.04 x64.
I now recall that there was/is a gimp UFRaw  plug-in as well as a gimp dcraw
one.  Is that still true of Gimp 2.9?  When I installed from the gimp-edge PPA,
no plug-in was installed.

--
cscj01 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)