Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 4:22 AM
To: GIMP User List
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] How to shrink photo, retain quality?? Business card design

snip

I'm not sure that converting images from RGB to CMYK and exporting
to TIFF serves any real purpose.  I used to do that - up until about
ten years ago - but none of the print shops I have had dealings with
since require it.  PDF makes it a moot point, in the sense that
print shops will not know the difference between a PDF file with
embedded PNG or TIFF files.

snip