[Gimp-user] How to pick/select/choose an already stroked path?

Gimp newbie here.

I have drawn a bezier path and stroked the line. Unfortunately, I didn’t choose butt caps for the line
endings. I now want to pick/select/choose that very simple path so I can get access to the stroke style
dialog and change the round end caps to butt caps.

Other programs have either a black arrow or a white arrow for selecting things. How do I pick/select/choose
that existing path in Gimp?

Thanks,
Rick