[Gimp-user] Need help removing/replacing a color

Hello,

For about an hour enough, I've been trying to remove this really nasty yellow
from an icon that I'm making.  I've been through tutorial after tutorial to no
avail.  If at all possible, I'd like to make the yellow areas grayscale, the end
goal being a black and white icon with red spotcolor.  The image is PNG if that
makes any difference.  I've attached it to this thread.  If you have any tips,
I'd greatly appreciate them.  I'm about to rip my hair out.  x_x

Thanks!

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/412/original/keepersample.png

--