[Gimp-user] Gimp Crashes 2.8.x crashes on Copy and Paste randomly every few minutes (RAM not faulty, already tested)

Hello everyone,

Big fan of this project! Anyway, I'm on GIMP 2.8 and I'm using it with XFCE in
Arch linux x64 with multi lib support.

I have z170 mobo with 6700k, nVidia GTX 1080 with 32GB RAM. Using proprietary
GPU driver. I've tested the RAM with both the vanilla Windows RAM testing
utility as well as memtest x86 and memtest x86+. Passed all of the above.

I have this GIMP bug that I've not seen on any of my other linux builds: copy
and paste works properly about 19/20 times and wil cause a crash randomly every
10 to 20 minutes.

Any advice on how I should go about troubleshooting this bug, log files I should
put up here or perhaps read through? What I should look for in log files?

--
thebunnyrules (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)