Re: [Gimp-user] can't keep proportions

Mattia,

You said:

also, it's not clear to me why 400 x 200 and 420 x 220 is not keeping
aspect ratio? the vertical increases exactly the same amount of the
horizontal....

It sounds to me like the problem is that you are confusing "same amount" with "same proportion". They are _not_ the same thing.

Increasing 200 to 220 is a proportional increase of 10%.

If you increase 400 by 10%, that becomes 440, _not_ 420!

Jay