Re: [Gimp-user] Business Report of GIMP

On 09/16/2016 02:53 PM, rich2005 wrote:

As well as Linux, lots and lots of Windows users download (maybe not use so much
and often repeat downloaders)

When Gimp was hosted on sourceforge, you could get statistics.

see:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:SgdpycZP3TwJ:gimpforums.com/thread-how-many-people-use-gimp+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

In case that link scrambles the sourceforge traffic for Gimp
http://i.imgur.com/gvQlvM8.jpg

I would assume that the level that dropped off when Gimp dropped sourceforge
continued at gimp.org.

I started using the GIMP when Tor Lillqvist's first Windows ports
appeared, and have used it on Microsoft platforms ever since.  These
days I don't use any Microsoft products - they finally became completely
obsolete in every context that matters to me - but I do know several
people who use the GIMP on Windows 7 and 10.  Considering the huge
Microsoft user base, I would be surprised if GIMP users on Microsoft
platforms don't outnumber users on Linux platforms by a substantial
margin - but as per messages above, that's very hard to determine.

We have a large majority of Linux users posting on the list here, but
that is most likely due to the strong connection between Linux and
technical education / computer literacy.  "Geeks" use mailing lists like
this one, most others don't suspect they exist.

:o)