Re: [Gimp-user] How to edit/modify part of an image (sub-area of animage)?

Hi Rhimbo!

Did you try any of the answers to your question on the pixls.us forums?
You asked the same question there a week ago:

https://discuss.pixls.us/t/gimp-how-to-edit-modify-part-of-an-image-sub-area-of-image/2041

and we gave you some things to try (but hadn't heard back from you).  In
particular, I pointed you to a tutorial on the www.gimp.org website:
http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Luminosity_Masks/

There is also a complementary tutorial that introduces the concepts of
layer masks if you wanted to take a look:

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Layer_Masks/

Those should be a decent start towards the skills and concepts you'd need
to do what you want, I think.  If you get a chance to try them out let us
know how you got along (or if you have any further questions).

pat