[Gimp-user] Gimp does not accept JPG etc.

Hello
I just finished to install Kubuntu 14.04-5, the newest version of Kubuntu with
Plasma 4. Now, I get the following error message when opening a picture in gimp.
Identical behaviour with jpg. png, svg. Only xcf files are recognised.
I install via the console, not via muon. The installation went properly through,
without any error messages.

Any suggestions, how I can repair? Many thanks for any help.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/262/original/gimp-fehler.png

--
Arran (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)