[Gimp-user] Changing color preference profiles with Gimp 2.9.3

I have been using the 2.9 development versions for a while, and they have been
very solid.  However, I have a couple of questions.  I have my display color
profile in ~/.config/color/icc/devices/display because that's where my
Colormunki profiling software puts them.  Gimp will not show any folders
beginning with dot (.) when assigning the profile.  I have administrative
privileges on my system (Ubuntu 14.04.4).  So question 1 is, "Why not let Gimp
search all folders rather than restrict them?"

I have the profile that I created in the above location set as my default
monitor profile, and I have the box checked in Gimp for "Try to use the system
monitor profile".  So question 2 is, "Am I correct in assuming that Gimp is
using the profile I created?"

Or am I missing something obvious here?  Thanks.

--
cscj01 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)