Re: [Gimp-user] Changing Layer Opacity produces visible color gradient steps

On 16/09/15 21:06, erickfis wrote:
I created a layer filled with black, above the original image layer, and then
changed the opacity of the black layer, so it would darken the original image. I
have to do this because its a mask created from a selection.

Works like I wanted BUT produces a visible gradient color steps  which are not
wanted on my final exported jpg. See attachment and you will understand what I'm
talking about.

Please help me to fix it.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/216/original/gimp-gradual.jpg

Is your XCF (or a representative cropped part of it) available somewhere?