Re: [Gimp-user] Can I configure my mouse to....

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:45:49 +0800
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Can I configure my mouse to....
From: ngoonee talk gmail com
To: strata_ranger hotmail com
CC: gimp-user-list gnome org

On Windows, at least for Logitech mice, there's a Logitech utility
which allows button remapping. Not sure whether it works in the more
general case. A quick google search would answer that I'm sure.

Yes, it does.  Logitech has "SetPoint" while Microsoft has "IntelliMouse", both reputedly have an expanded
selection of functions for extra buttons.  X-Mouse is also available.

Testing SetPoint, unfortunately I cannot simply map button 3 to "scroll down" and button 4 to "scroll up" --
the closest it offers is two autoscrolling options (with subtle differences between them).  The only
complaint here is that both autoscroll modes are toggles and not modifiers.

On an aside, turns out I absolutely never use button 4....

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com