[Gimp-user] Superimposing writing over an image?

Hey guys,

So, I am designing graphics for a product. The image I am using is of a friends
painting. I also have a photo of thats friends signature - wrote with black pen
on a white page.

Is there anyway I can paste the writing only (without the white page background)
on top of the artwork image? The signature is wrote in black pen, so I'd need to
import the signature and then change its colour to white, so that it will show
up over the artwork.

I hope I've explained this clearly enough, and maybe someone can offer me some
steps on how to do this.

Thanks so much!

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/214/original/Delayed_Madness_no_text.jpg