[Gimp-user] Factory settings/reset to defaults

I need to know how to set my GIMP 2.8.14 back to original settings.  I
tried: reset to defaults and nothing happened.

I have somehow messed up my text settings so that my letters are
smashed up, and the size of the text box won't increase. I make a text
box, but the text stays in about .25% of the box and starts wrapping.

Also, I closed my toolboxes and I can not figure out how to get them
back to the way they were when I downloaded the program.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I apologize if this was already
asked, I couldn't find it in the forums.

-tai

ps I have windows 8.1 64 bit

I'm not sure but I suspect if you terminate GIMP, take a copy of Users\<user
name>\.gimp-2.8 (just in case things go wrong) and then delete the contents of
that folder. Then when you restart GIMP (hopefully) it should recreate the
contents of .gimp-2.8 using the default settings. If it all goes wrong termiate
GIMP and restore the original contents of the folder.

Note that you would have to transfer and scripts, plug-ins, brushes etc that you
had installed from the back-up folder to the newly created folder (when GIMP
isn't running)

--
programmer_ceds (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)