[Gimp-user] Factory settings/reset to defaults

I need to know how to set my GIMP 2.8.14 back to original settings.  I tried:
reset to defaults and nothing happened.

I have somehow messed up my text settings so that my letters are smashed up, and
the size of the text box won't increase. I make a text box, but the text stays
in about .25% of the box and starts wrapping.

Also, I closed my toolboxes and I can not figure out how to get them back to the
way they were when I downloaded the program.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I apologize if this was already asked, I
couldn't find it in the forums.

-tai

ps I have windows 8.1 64 bit

--