Re: [Gimp-user] Layer addition - bug, feature, or user misunderstanding?

I probably never would have noticed anything odd about Addition blend
mode, except I was working with a channel layer stack from a color image
where I already knew what the result of adding the layers *should* look
like. But the highlights were subtly wrong, which is why I asked on the
list whether maybe Addition blend mode was supposed to do something
different from what I thought it did. And I'm glad I asked - your
mathematical explanation of how layer opacities work is excellent, very
clear. That information should go in the GIMP documentation somewhere,
if it isn't already there.

Best,
Elle

Yeah, I probably would never have encountered this "in the wild" either because layer opacity isn't something
I use very often, and the clamping action is moot at 100% opacity.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com