Re: [Gimp-user] any tricks for making black look really black

El dom, 29-11-2015 a las 16:47 -0300, Gez escribió:

In kwisj's case, I'd try to figure out why the printer is producing a
weak black separation (maybe pulling a pure black from the
separation,
without any CMY beneath).
That's unlikely that is caused by GIMP or the file produced in GIMP,
it
would be the same producing an sRGB image from any other program.

Aaaand, replying to myself. If that's what I suspect (the printer/RIP
producing pure K plate from the achromatic values), maybe there is a
way to prevent it:

Try to add some color. Instead of pure black, use RGB 1,1,5.

Sometime RIPs, Printer drivers and preflight softwares have specific
rules, as converting pure black to K-only black.
By making it very dark gray and adding some tint to it, you cheat the
RIP so it doesn't do that.

That should work giving you a nice, deep black. Try it and let us know
how it went.

Gez.