Re: [Gimp-user] Book of GIMP

Sorry to make a second answer to this message: do you really think that
$49.95 ($32.93 on Amazon) is such a "hell of a price" for a book of 674
pages in full color, who gave work to two authors for three years? When you
filled the tank of your car the last time, how much did you pay?

Hi everyone!

I'm a brand new user of Gimp and I am not off to a good start.

I purchased the Book of GIMP by Olivier Lecarme recently. When I tried to
find how to draw lines I could not find it anywhere in the book. You would
think that in a book about how to make graphics it would be reasonable to
expect a clear and detailed description of how to draw lines of various
types? Yes?

In chapter 3 it starts out telling you how to fill in the lines with colour
etc. But I think they should have started at the beginning with drawing the
lines. What do you think? Thats a hell of a price to pay for a book and not
find the basics in it, hey?

Am I mistaken?

Much appreciated in advance, Leonardo Paradox