[Gimp-user] Book of GIMP

Hi everyone!

I'm a brand new user of Gimp and I am not off to a good start.

I purchased the Book of GIMP by Olivier Lecarme recently. When I tried to
find how to draw lines I could not find it anywhere in the book. You would
think that in a book about how to make graphics it would be reasonable to
expect a clear and detailed description of how to draw lines of various
types? Yes?

In chapter 3 it starts out telling you how to fill in the lines with colour
etc. But I think they should have started at the beginning with drawing the
lines. What do you think? Thats a hell of a price to pay for a book and not
find the basics in it, hey?

Am I mistaken?

Much appreciated in advance, Leonardo Paradox