[Gimp-user] Gimp 2.8 pixelation on resize

Hi!

After installing new Gimp 2.8 (on Lubuntu 14.04 64bit) for our employee, she
noticed, that scanned images are going pixelated (like moire effect) much more
than with previous Gimp when scaling images down. I made a little set to
comparision.

This is clip of original scanned (300dpi) image:
http://pbrd.co/1CTKhHB

This is how it looks after scaling down (Sinc algorythm) to the 51 percent
http://pbrd.co/1CTKHO7

Same procedure with Gimp 2.6:
http://pbrd.co/1CTL9vR

And scaled down with ImageMagick:
(convert -geometry 292x360 100precent.png 51percent_imagemagick.png)
http://pbrd.co/1CTLgYg

I like most the Gimp 2.6 version, it has no pixelation, but black characters
have still sharp edges. ImageMagick is also not bad. But Gimp 2.8 version is not
for my . What is wrong here? Is there something to make it better?

TIA,

Gunnar

--
wk_ (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)