Re: [Gimp-user] Accessibility documentation request

On 06/02/2015 09:12 PM, Sarah Hunter wrote:

Hi Sarah,

This email is to request appropriate accessibility documentation for purchases from your company.

no company here, but we have tried to complete that documentation.

Federal and state laws require Texas state agencies to purchase only accessible electronic and information
resources from our vendors. We (the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) are currently reviewing all
of our software purchases and have been unable to locate the required accessibility documentation for GIMP.
Per Texas Administrative Code, appropriate accessibility documentation may be in the form of a Voluntary
Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) or an accessible electronic document that addresses the same
accessibility criteria in substantially the same format as a VPAT or equivalent reporting template.
I have attached an industry-standard VPAT for your convenience. You may also find the Even Grounds
website<http://evengrounds.com/articles/creating-an-effective-vpat> to be helpful.
Please provide the requested information by June 15th, 2015. If I can be of assistance, or if you need
additional information, please let me know.
Thank you,

We've put the completed docs on your website for everyone to download:

http://www.gimp.org/about/ITI-VPAT.pdf
http://www.gimp.org/about/ITI-VPAT.odt
http://www.gimp.org/about/ITI-VPAT.doc

--