Re: [Gimp-user] Comment

* Tennessee <smithfms gmail com> [06-14-15 06:54]:
Downloaded Yosemite.
It destroyed my 7 year old free PhotoStudio.
PhotoStudio was fairly easy to learn and provided ALL the tools one needed
to alter
photos with very professional results.  Easy sizing of tools.
Easy choices of color.  Easy learning of various tools.  Great software.
It was developed
then for the Wannabe editors for personal use.   and it was FREE. Just
challenging enough.
I'm distraught in having lost it.
----------------------------------
Being FREE, I chose Gimp as a replacement, thinking Gimp was going to be
simple, like the old PhotoStudio was..

And you didn't read about gimp prior.

My Yosemite wouldn't allow download.  I downloaded MacPorts.. no good.  The
3rd download you offered,  it opened right up.  First off, tool box and
color chart popped up...easy choices.  Vertical box which I assume had
sizing & layers within but not simple to understand at first viewing.

  Next day,  Only the Image Manipulation Window appears....No tool box
choices.  No color choices.  No whatever that vertical box was trying to
convey...

Only access now to the GIMP program is the horizontalTool Bar, which
offered so many choices that it was overwhelming. Simple GIMP is NOT.

I haven't read any where that gimp was "simple", and you are confirming
that fact?

You know...there are a million of us intermediates out there that NEED
learning software.    A free service should be aimed toward intermediates
like me...who found PhotoStudio just difficult enough to challenge but easy
to learn, and a delight to use.  I'd be glad to pay $10 for a Free
software that helps me edit pictures for fun and a professional look with
simple tools.

You are free to choose but chose gimp.  Many guides to using gimp exist.
If you would prefer to pay $10 for "free" software, I am sure someone will
accomodate you.

Your GIMP is for the professional person...why do you give it away.

There is no reason that a "prpfessional person" should not also be privy
to "free" software.

Why don't you have TWO free offers...one to attract the professional who
wants your complexity for free...and the second to TEACH the
beginning-intermediate editor to be a professional editor who could
understand and use your present GIMP.

Give us, for example,  the old PhotoStudio simplicity as a free software
editor.  That was a GREAT photo editor.  I recommended it to everyone I
knew.  Now it's obsolete.  What a pity... everyone now is supposed to be a
learned professional and we intermediates are left out.   Sincerely. Frances

You begrudge others that *you* chose a software for "learned
professional(s)"?  Was this choice somehow forced upon you or only the
result of your own ineptitude and lack of study?

You might try google (or other search engine of your choosing) and see if
you can find a suitable non-professional photo editing software that is
free and only costing $10, that *you* are capable of installing.

Everything wrong in the world today is someone else's fault.(TM)