[Gimp-user] Gimp Help?

I deeply apologize if this isn't the right place for having problems with GIMP, but I cannot find anywhere
else to get software support on this.

 I tried using the latest version of GIMP on my Macbook Pro (OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks & 10.10.1 Yosemite) but it
came with a serious problem with jagged cursor and drawing movement. I never had this problem with GIMP 2.6,
but this latest version seems to have serious problems for me in which when I try to draw a line with either
my tablet pen or mouse, it comes out extremely jagged and laggy. (I can provide a video example of what I'm
experiencing if I'm not being clear enough)

 Is there any way to get better stabilization and less lag with this bad cursor movement?

 Thank you,
 Patrick