Re: [Gimp-user] program crashes

GIMP should be acquired via the gimp.org website.

Logging in to gimp.com, rather than gimp.org, takes one to a web page with nothing more than a large number
of links (10 at the moment) to various versions of gimp. They are tabulated in a page headed “Ads.” I believe
it likely that many if not most of these are likely to contain spam or viruses.

Many times recently, this users list has been visited by new users having spam-like and virus-like complaints.

I’m guessing that gimp.com is relatively new (I’ve never visited there before) and it is likely this flurry
of new and unfortunately unhappy users has fallen into this trap.

I am not sure how one goes about shutting down this malicious website - this is, after all, a free country.

However, the registrant is at (480) 624-2599, located in Scottsdale, Arizona. And calls itself “Domains by
Proxy, LLC.

These new users might like to lodge a complaint there. But I doubt if it would be very helpful.

  — Burnie