Re: [Gimp-user] program crashes

I don't use Windows, but this seems to be an eternal problem.

So I set about going through the motions of downloading a windows version

   Start at http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

   Then "Show other downloads"

   Then "Windows"

Comment: This assumes that if a Windows version is not in the main listing, it must be in "Other downloads"
I do not believe this to be user friendly to Windows users, particularly as they probably make up 80% of
users?

But then having got to the Windows section, the first line reads;

   The Windows installer packages by Jernej Simončič are distributed from the
   GIMP HTTP server (download.gimp.org) and its mirror servers

Comment: Clicking on download.gimp.org presents a directory listing.
I could imagine Windows users rolling over to die at this point! But continuing it then offers first a torrent

   Download GIMP 2.8.14 <<---Link to torrent
   If the torrent download doesn't work, you can also follow this link<<--link to exe file.

It's no wonder users attempting to download gimp end up with infected programs which are probably easier to
access from a Google search.

So that's my rant, my suggestion to the keeper of the download page is to put the Windows version at the top;

   GIMP for Windows
    Torrent link
    program link

FWIW