Re: [Gimp-user] Downloaded 2.8.16 & no shortcut was created on desktop. Don't know how to launch?

You have to locate the actual GIMP application. If I recall my Windows days correctly, right clicking or
Control-clicking on the application should bring up a menu which has a "make shortcut" item, or similarly
named. Then just drag the shortcut to your desktop.

Same procedure for the GIMP doc.

Ross