[Gimp-user] Downloaded 2.8.16 & no shortcut was created on desktop. Don't know how to launch?

Hi. Brand new GIMP user. Unfortunately, the shortcut to desktop was missed. Don't know how to create the
shortcut to launch GIMP. Please help with simple instructions. Windows explorer has so many GIMP folders,
that I can't figure it out.Also, would like shortcut for the GIMP doc that I downloaded.Thanks a zillion.
Please do not use this email address for any other purpose.