Re: [Gimp-user] Can't open nef images in gimp 2.9.3

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Alex Vergara Gil
<alexvergaragil gmail com> wrote:
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com>:
On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 5:44 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

Using default GIMP 2.9.3 updated a couple of days ago on Linux, and
opening
a CR2 file, the resulting image is the correct size, and only 8-bits

https://sourceforge.net/p/ufraw/feature-requests/274/

Unsure if this made it to 0.20+ though. And anyway, there have been no
installers of UFRaw for Windows for a long time (0.19.2 was the last
one, and it was before the aforementiond patch).

Alex

Yes Elle, thats a bit different error, but still an error. Is there
some official suport for NEF files inside GIMP, maybe through GEGL?

Alex
Yes, there is only for NEF. If you are using my build then select NEF
image, it should open a 32-bit floating rendition.

Bottom line as I said below, don't use the automatic detection feature.

Dear Partha

Thank for your reply, and for your daily builds!, I can confirm both ways:
1. open NEF files with automatic detection yiels an error, gimp cant open image
2. selecting nef file in the list yields an image, but only a tiny
little thumbnail, as Elle said before

So this might be a bug, are you handling nef files with some plugin?

Regards
Alex