Re: [Gimp-user] [Gimp-developer] ANNOUNCE: GIMP 2.9.2 released

As an aside, I also came to know about HarfBuzz while reading the release
notes about the implementation components.In naming "HarfBuzz", the
developer has actually swapped the letters "u" and "a" - so the real name
should have been "HurfBazz", which are basically two Urdu (or may be
Persian as well) words "Hurf" (meaning single character/letter) and Bazz
(something/somebody that does everything with something). So, HurfBazz
really means something whose main job is to manipulate characters which is
what the code does. The developer has written the correct HurfBazz (حرف
باز) in Persian on his own page but he has switched the letters "u" and "a"
in the English version "HarfBuzz", perhaps just for fun.
The name is very fitting for the software but I wonder why he swapped the
characters u and a.

I think the only one who can tell you the answer is Behdad Esfahbod. I
think you can find his E-Mail address on his homepage:
http://behdad.org/

Regards,
Tobias