Re: [Gimp-user] Luminosity confusion

On Tue, 2015-12-01 at 01:49 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 01 December 2015 00:27:57 Jack Denman wrote:

I am still learning about digital photography. I developed my first
roll of film in 1946, by hand in my grandmothers bathroom.

Since I am learning masking techniques, I wonder if someone could
explain the contradiction of these two scripts.

This web page has a download link of a script from "Download from:
Google Drive" at produces a file called
"patdavid-luminosity-masks-2.scm"

http://blog.patdavid.net/2013/11/getting-around-in-gimp-luminosity-mas
ks.html

This file cannot be used because when copied into .gimp-2.8/scripts/
the script entry is not visible on the pull-down menus of gimp.

Did you set the execute permissions, and do you have the first
lines "she-bang" interpreter installed?

Yes the execute bit is set. I do not know what you mean by the
"she-bang" interpreter. Can you explain what that is?

On the other hand the older script called "Luminosity_masks.scm" does
work from some older web pages and does cause the scripts pull-down
menu to appear. When the channels menu is invoked from this script the
other masks disappear.

Can someone explain this? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, Gene Heskett