Re: [Gimp-user] Windows Version lacks 'Select a region to grab'

On 25/08/15 04:09, Dora Smith wrote:
It has never occurred to me to use GIMP to do screenshots. At face value, that sounds like extra work, kind of like using WORD to do screenshots.

I use Screenshot Captor, for Windows 7. It is excellent, and has all the options you need. You can select, crop, resize, and do some other things I've not had to do, and save it in quite a variety of formats. It even saves it in its own screen and then you can just open the program and drag and drop to email screenshots.

Ubuntu has good screenshot programs available through the software manager, and I like them as well.

I know, but on the other hand I'll very often edit the screenshot(s) with Gimp anyway, because Gimp can do eveything the screenshots editors do, and more...