[Gimp-user] Undesirable File/Open Behavior

OK, so I’ve noticed what seems to be a bug in GIMP. I’vegotten it to do this three times now.

I’ll post it in a more appropriate location, once I confirmI’m not crazy.

If I have a gimp session open, and have been working in itfor a while, I’ve noticed that if I double-click on
an XCF file, to open it;GIMP dumps my existing open session, with NO warning whatsoever, and reopensanew,
with the requested image.

Any (unsaved) work done in the previous session simply…vanishes.

Subsequent attempts to open other XCF files from that pointon, just open a new window, as expected; in the
same session.

I’m not sure what it takes to trigger the other less desirable…let’s call it ambitious open/file process,
other than time. After it does this…thing, I can open and close GIMP repeatedly and it works as one would
expect –openinga new window in the same session. But for some reason, after a session has beenopen for a
while (think days), clicking an XCF file to open it, causes theexisting GIMP session to abort/abend/awhig-out?

This is 2.8.14 on a Windoze 7 machine.

Thoughts?