[Gimp-user] History Brush

It may seem odd but you would probably need to explain what a history
brush is, and how you use it, and what you're trying to solve. The
GIMP developers are not in general Adobe PhotoShop™ users.

Liam

Pictures from old books -- http://WWW.FromOldBooks.ORG/

It is a simple way to "paint" away one layer to reveal the one below. EG. I
duplicated one layer then desaturated it. I then took a snapshot of that layer.
I then used the History Brush to paint over certain sections to reveal the
original coloured layer beneath.

--
MikeH (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)