[Gimp-user] Choosing appropriate background from a large collection

I have an image (e.g. photo of a ball) which background is removed and also have
a collection of 1000 artistic background files (JPG files).
I am looking for a simple way to put the original image (photo of the ball) in
the middle of those artistic backgrounds one after another. So I could see how
it looks in each background and choose the best one.
Is there a simple way to this with gimp? e.g. I tell gimp the folder path of
1000 background files and it loads them. Then I press up and down arrow keys on
my keyboard and the backgrounds changes one after another. Is it possible with
gimp?
If not, is there any plug-in or other software that could do this for me?

--
PHPLearner (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)