Re: [Gimp-user] Desperate for help!

Sorry to hear your problems.

Do you have the image as a background or is it done with layers?

If it is on the background try looking at
http://docs.gimp.org/en/plug-in-colortoalpha.html if it is possible to sort
things out.

Usually you should use a layer for alpha channel and never only the
background, since that (especially if you choose a color that is most used
to alpha) makes that color transparent and so those parts of the image
become "invisible" although they for the program do still exist).

Hope that helps. I have not used much alpha channel but when I have I have
always used it to a background layer before aplying copied the my image to
a layer above the background.

Good luck,
Heikki Jussila

--