[Gimp-user] Desperate for help!

Hi There,

Please I hope you can help. I spent hours cutting out an image, I added the
alpha channell when I was done, and it seemed to delete the image I need
and left the background which I do not need.

I have tried everything, including undoing my history through the edit
panel.

Is there any way to retrieve my image? I still have it selected, but the
cut out shape is just showing as Alpha Channel.

I will not close GIMP until I get a reply, so please help - Massive Thanks
in advance

All the best,

Martin