[Gimp-user] Large window size causes lag

I am using Gimp 2.8.14 (latest version, just installed) with Windows 8.1 and a
Wacom Intuos tablet. When I maximise, or otherwise enlarge the drawing window
beyond around 30-40% of my screen size, the tool cursor becomes very laggy. When
using the paintbrush, for example, the painted area, brush outline, and even the
little markers on the ruler that show the cursor position, lag significantly
behind the penstroke. With a smaller window, the tools work perfectly. There
does not appear to be any lag when using the mouse to draw, even for a maximised
window.

I have increased the tile cache size to no effect, and when looking in the task
manager it appears that Gimp is only using around 150 Mb or so. I have also
tried turning the brush outline off (as suggested as solutions to similar
problems), but this also didn't work and I would very much like to keep this
switched on. The problem does not appear to be affected by canvas size or the
amount of the canvas displayed.

--
Cyanoferret (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)