Re: [Gimp-user] XCF doesn't open even when the preview is fine

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Oliver Dillenburger <D-burger web de> wrote:
Here is a link to a screenshot that shows the problem:

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/display/34585260

I can't upload the picture.

Is there a general problem with "large" XCF files?

As far as I know (i.e. as users reported so), many users work with
huge XCF files.

The pic has only about 10 layers and I consider it not too big for Gimp to
handle...

Any help is appreciated,

Well thanks for the screenshot. It indeed shows there is likely a
problem (especially for a 400MB file but no layers in it!). But if we
can't reproduce it, there is not much we can do.
So if you can't upload this picture, if you were able to produce
another "test" picture with the same problem, or find a "reproduction
steps" for us to be able to reproduce such a case ourselves, that
would be fine.

Otherwise we are just asked to guess in the wild. That may still be
possible, some dev know very well GIMP's code and may guess what
happened. But this is making things much more difficult.

Anyway, could you open a bug ticket with as much information as you can give?
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GIMP

Jehan

Oliver