Re: [Gimp-user] XCF doesn't open even when the preview is fine

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 8:36 PM, Oliver Dillenburger <D-burger web de> wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm new with a problem that is bugging me.
I did spent hours on a pic with several layers, saving it regularly.

Today I tried to open it. The preview shows the picture just fine but gimp states I need to open at least
one layer to work.

That reminds me something. Maybe someone on the list or in a bug
report had a similar issue, but I can't find. What is the exact
message error?

The XCF is 400 MB.

Is it a file you can share publicly? Could you upload it somewhere so
that we can have a look?
If that's not a file you want/are allowed to share, could you still
upload it and send a private message with the link?
Thanks.

Jehan

 Gimp 2.8.10 and 2.8.14 both had the same problem.

Any help is appreciated,

Oliver