Re: [Gimp-user] edited files wont play on tv

* SteveMe <forums gimpusers com> [08-31-14 22:34]:
I have just spent the last week editing hundreds of photos (resizing and
some brightness adjustments).  I edited the photos and exported them as
jpeg files to a folder on my computer.

Whilst these play fine on the computer it seems that any photo that has
been edited will not play on any of my 3 televisions.

Further investigation on google seems to suggest that edited files
contain extra information that tv's are unable to cope with.

What is the extra information?

Does anyone have a solution to rectify this?

Not w/o more information.  A stab in the dark, try removing the meta-data
from your jpgs.

ps:  you might google your tv's to see what manner of jpg they accept.
My Vizio's accept jpg's from gimp w/o alteration as does both of my
samsung android phones and an ipad and a kindle tablet.  ???